I am trained to use a range of therapeutic approaches in my work, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Person Centred Psychotherapy
- Mentalisation Based Therapy
- Eye Movement De-sensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
My doctoral level knowledge of these therapies coupled with my on-going work with individuals, children and families has given me the experience and tools to integrate different theories and techniques to work in a way that best suits the varying needs of my clients.
I also offer Skype sessions.
Parenting & Family Support:
I have worked with children with behavioural and emotional difficulties and Looked after Children. I have also worked with many families experiencing difficulties as well as foster families. This experience alongside my knowledge of child development and attachment equips me to provide parenting support. I am able to offer consultation to parents and families on a range of areas including becoming new parents, behavioural management, bonding and attachment and emotional literacy.
Contact me to discuss your family needs and fees.
I am available for clinical supervision to other therapists, psychologists and trainees.
If you are looking for a clinical supervisor, please feel free to contact me to discuss your requirements.
Training & Consultation
I provide training and consultation to residential settings and fostering and adoption services. This involves providing support and training to residential staff, teaching staff and foster carers and adoptive parents on a range of topics. Please contact me for more details.
I have worked with many organisational groups, facilitating and promoting a more stable and cohesive staff team. My training and experience enables me to help teams create a safe and containing space where they can work through issues and difficulties, encouraging them to reflect on and name dynamics that are present but often unspoken creating conflict and tension.
Reflective groups can have many benefits such as:
- Provide staff working in challenging environments a reflective and supportive space to debrief and re-group.
- Enable staff to work through issues and conflicts in a safe and containing space to promote better working relationships and atmosphere.
- Enable new staff teams to establish themselves as a group with clear identity and focus.
- Re-energise and refresh attitude and focus by allowing staff to discuss and process difficult working periods and stresses.
- Help staff draw support from one another and move forward after difficult periods in work such as after redundancies or periods of high stress.
- Reduce stress and conflict by emphasising the staff group as a team.
- Promote good practice as staff can share ideas and work related strategies.
- Contribute to a happier and more productive work force as staff feel valued and supported.
Fees depend on the size of the group. Please contact me to discuss what your organisation needs.